May 13, 2023 • Hendersonville, NC
Beautiful, Fast, Fun & Spectator Friendly Event
An endurance running event like none other, the 3rd Annual Jump Off Rock Half Marathon presented by Hunter Subaru and 10k presented by Pardee UNC Health Care, is one of the fastest half marathon races in the south and runs “downhill to downtown.”
The point-to-point, half marathon begins at Jump off Rock, a national landmark and the Town of Laurel Park’s highest peak, and finishes in the heart of downtown Hendersonville on Main Street. This gently downhill and scenic 13.1 mile course is fast and has breathtaking views, but we are in the mountains of WNC and some hills are to be expected. Half Marathoners wind their way downhill through the beautiful back-roads of Laurel Park then on historic city streets and around Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake before heading into downtown Hendersonville. The point-to-point race and the scenic course are sure to bring PRs and mountain memories to last a lifetime.
10k runners start their race at the base of the Town of Laurel Park at the Hendersonville Family YMCA. They join in on the half marathon route at about the half-way point with half marathoners. The 10k route is moderately flat with a couple gentle rollers. The 10k runners will run on historic city streets, around the Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake and back to downtown Hendersonville.
There will be 10k Cash prizes for the overall top three, male/female winners!
Both races finish at the same location in Historic Downtown Hendersonville on Main Street and
EXCITING NEWS: Both races are now USATF Sanctioned AND Certified!
Half Marathon Certification Number: NC23011DF
10k Certification Number: NC23012DF
HALF MARATHON Race Details
Start Times: Rolling starts 7:30 am until 7:45 am.
Elite/Contention Runners must start at 7:30 AM.
Course Type: Half Marathon, majority is paved with one short downhill section that is packed dirt in Laurel Park and around Osceola Lake is packed dirt surface.
Course time limit is NOON
For runners not able to attend in person, the virtual race is a good option to achieve a goal, and run the miles on your own, wherever and whenever you want. All virtual runners will receive a commemorative race shirt (until deadline) and finisher medal.
10K Race Details
Start Time: NEW FOR 2023 – Mass start at 9:00 am.
Course Type: 10k is all paved surfaces on city streets and around the lake is packed dirt.
Course time limit is NOON
REGISTRATION PERIODS + PRICING
Super Early: Sep 8 – Dec 4
Early: Dec 5 – Feb 12
Regular: Feb 13 – April 30
Late: May 1 – Race Day
Free T-shirt deadline: Sunday, April 16, 2023, at midnight. After that deadline, shirts will only be available in limited quantities and sizes for $20.
Ship Swag Deadline: Sunday, April 30 at midnight
What Your Race Entry Includes
- Dri-Fit Tech shirt (NEW FOR 2023: shirts will be available in men’s and women’s sizes)
- Hunter Subaru Goody Bag, filled with goodies
- A unique, custom-designed, commemorative finisher medal
- A complimentary beer after the race! (21+)
- Complimentary shuttles for all participants
- NEW FOR 2023: A pre-race-day Expo featuring local community partners, vendors, merchandise and more
- A first-class running experience in the late spring in Western North Carolina!
- A well-supported half marathon race with rolling starts to enhance the participant experience from start-to-finish
- NEW FOR 2023: A 10k mass start at 9am
- A scenic, fast, downhill half marathon course and a moderately flat, 10k route in the heart of Hendersonville, NC
- Free parking available for race participants at the First Baptist Overflow Lot in downtown Hendersonville
- Course fully-marked with route signs and course markings on the road
- Course preview video and course maps to get you prepped for race day
- Chip-timing for accurate, live results
- Spectator-friendly courses
- One-of-a-kind race awards made locally
- Easy access for race participants to attend the Hendersonville Farmers Market happening a few blocks away from the finish line. The Farmers Market offers farm fresh foods, crafts, food trucks, live entertainment, and more!
- Live Music at the post-race party
Highlights from Past Races
An endurance running event like none other, the Jump-Off Rock Half Marathon presented by Hunter Subaru & 10K presented by Pardee Health, is one of the fastest half marathon races in the south and will run “downhill to downtown.”
Both races will finish at the same location in Historic Downtown Hendersonville on Main Street.
Running this race was such an incredible experience. My family has such a rich history with Laurel Park owning the Woodlawn property since 1932. This race showcased all that makes this town so special. From the start at Jump Off Rock to the finish in Downtown Hendersonville, each mile of the race was absolutely beautiful and had amazing views! My favorite part of the race was the start. There are very few races where the start gives you the chance to see mountain peaks of four different states. I highly recommend this race and can’t wait to be back next year!
Lara P. – 2nd place female overall – Half Marathon – 1:29:53
“The Jump Off Rock Half was my 47th Half Marathon. Everything was perfect, the buses, the course, the volunteers, the water stops…. For the first time ever, I don’t have anything to suggest!”
Register to Race!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!