May 14, 2022 • Hendersonville. NC
Beautiful, Fast, Fun & Spectator Friendly Event
An endurance running event like none other, the 2nd Annual Jump Off Rock Half Marathon presented by Hunter Subaru, is one of the fastest half marathon races in the south and runs “downhill to downtown.”
The point-to-point, half marathon begins at Jump off Rock, a national landmark and the Town of Laurel Park’s highest peak, and finishes in the heart of downtown Hendersonville on Main Street. This gently downhill and scenic 13.1 mile course is not only fast, it also has breathtaking views. Half Marathoners wind their way downhill through the beautiful back-roads of Laurel Park then on historic city streets and around Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake before heading into downtown Hendersonville. The point-to-point race and the scenic course are sure to bring PRs and mountain memories to last a lifetime.
10k runners start their race at the base of the Town of Laurel Park at the Hendersonville Family YMCA. They join in on the half marathon route at about the half-way point with half marathoners. The 10k route is moderately flat with a couple gentle rollers. The 10k runners will run on historic city streets, around the Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake and back to downtown Hendersonville.
*New* for 2022 – 10k Cash prizes for the overall top three, male/female winners & two ‘in the pack’ participants!
Both races finish at the same location in Historic Downtown Hendersonville on Main Street.
HALF MARATHON Race Details
Start Times: Rolling wave starts 7:30 am until 9:00 am.
Elite/Contention Runners must start at 7:30 AM.
Course Type: Half Marathon, majority is paved with one short downhill section that is packed dirt in Laurel Park and around Osceola Lake is packed dirt surface.
Course time limit is NOON
For runners not able to attend in person, the virtual race is a good option to achieve a goal, and run the miles on your own, wherever and whenever you want. All virtual runners will receive a commemorative race shirt and finisher medal.
10K Race Details
Start Times: Rolling wave starts 9 – 9:15 am.
Course Type: 10k is all paved surfaces on city streets and around the lake is packed dirt.
Course time limit is NOON
REGISTRATION PERIODS + PRICING
Super Early: Oct 14 – Dec 31
Early: Jan 1 – Feb 13
Regular: Feb 14 – May 1
Late: May 2 – Race Day
Free T-shirt deadline: Sunday, March 6, 2022, at midnight: After this date, shirts will be available online for $10 during online registration, limited sizes.
Ship Swag Deadline: Sunday, May 1 at midnight
What Your Race Entry Includes
- A first-class running experience in the late spring in Western North Carolina!
- Brooks Dri-Fit, Tech running shirt
- Hunter Subaru Goody Bag, filled with goodies
- A unique, custom-designed, commemorative finisher medal
- A well-supported race with rolling starts to enhance the participant experience from start-to-finish.
- A scenic, fast, downhill half marathon course and a moderately flat, 10k route in the heart of Hendersonville, NC.
- Free shuttle ticket included with race entry. Optional Shuttle ride to half marathon or 10k start line (these are 2 separate locations).
- Free parking available for race participants at the Dogwood Parking lot in downtown Hendersonville.
- Course fully-marked with route signs and course markings on the road.
- Course preview video and course maps to get you prepped for race day.
- Chip-timing for accurate, live results
- Access to our community of runners in our Strava Group.
- Spectator friendly courses.
- One-of-a-kind Prizes made locally
- Access for our participants to attend the world-class, Hendersonville Farmers Market happening a few blocks away from the finish line. The Farmers Market offers farm fresh foods, crafts, food trucks, live entertainment and more
- Live Music at the Finish
Highlights from Past Races
An endurance running event like none other, the Jump-Off Rock Half Marathon presented by Hunter Subaru, is one of the fastest half marathon races in the south and will run “downhill to downtown.”
Both races will finish at the same location in Historic Downtown Hendersonville on Main Street.
Running this race was such an incredible experience. My family has such a rich history with Laurel Park owning the Woodlawn property since 1932. This race showcased all that makes this town so special. From the start at Jump Off Rock to the finish in Downtown Hendersonville, each mile of the race was absolutely beautiful and had amazing views! My favorite part of the race was the start. There are very few races where the start gives you the chance to see mountain peaks of four different states. I highly recommend this race and can’t wait to be back next year!
Lara P. – 2nd place female overall – Half Marathon – 1:29:53
“The Jump Off Rock Half was my 47th Half Marathon. Everything was perfect, the buses, the course, the volunteers, the water stops…. For the first time ever, I don’t have anything to suggest!”
Register to Race!
REGISTRATION OPENING SOON!