Saturday, May 14, 2022
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Frequently Asked Questions
When and where is the race?
May 14, 2022
Both races go through Hendersonville, NC and end on Main Street in downtown Hendersonville.
What's included in my entry fee?
- A first-class running experience in the late spring in Western North Carolina!
- Brooks Dri-Fit, Tech running shirt
- Hunter Subaru Goody Bag, filled with goodies
- A unique, custom-designed, commemorative finisher medal
- A well-supported race with rolling starts to enhance the participant experience from start-to-finish.
- A scenic, fast, downhill half marathon course and a moderately flat, 10k route in the heart of Hendersonville, NC.
- Free shuttle ticket included with race entry. Optional Shuttle ride to half marathon or 10k start line (these are 2 separate locations).
- Free parking available for race participants at the Dogwood Parking lot in downtown Hendersonville.
- Course fully-marked with route signs and course markings on the road.
- Course preview video and course maps to get you prepped for race day.
- Chip-timing for accurate, live results
- Access to our community of runners in our Strava Group.
- Spectator friendly courses.
- One-of-a-kind Prizes made locally
- Access for our participants to attend the world-class, Hendersonville Farmers Market happening a few blocks away from the finish line. The Farmers Market offers farm fresh foods, crafts, food trucks, live entertainment and more
- Live Music at the Finish
Are there limited entries?
Yes! We have 1,000 spots in the half and 500 in the 10K!
How do you time the events?
We use MyLaps Timing system. There will be a timing chip on the back of your race bib and their will be timing mats placed along the course and at the finish line.
I have a friend who would like to volunteer, can they help?
How do I cancel my registration?
Above all else, we are striving to make this event as safe as it can possibly be for all our participants, volunteers, and staff. If you’re feeling unwell (or uncomfortable participating), we want you to be able to stay home and join us next year without feeling like you’re losing out. In order to make that happen, we are allowing everyone to transfer their registration to the virtual event at any point before the start of the race. Transferring your entry to virtual is free until Sunda, May 8 and after that it will be $10 to switch. In the virtual event, you’ll run anywhere you like, post your results, and have your swag mailed to you after the event.
REFUNDS: We have a small, but mighty team that is working on all the details to produce this event safe for you and everyone in our community in attendance. We are incurring the expenses for production well before the day of the event, and we will not be able to provide a refund to you should you want to cancel your registration, or if the event itself has to be cancelled due to the pandemic, weather, or an act of god.
TRANSFERS: All participants can transfer into the virtual version of their event up until the day of the event. Email email@example.com for instructions on how to transfer. There will be no refunds for the price difference between events.
CANCELLATION: As we all know the pandemic changes things quickly! We ask that you be flexible and patient as we may have to adjust things for this event up until the event takes place. In the event that the U.S. or NC government declares a new stay-at-home order or places new restrictions on gatherings and we are not able to have the in person event, all in-person event registrations will automatically be converted to the virtual event. If it gets switched to a virtual event, you will have your swag mailed to you for free.
Is this a dog & stroller friendly course?
Because the roads will be open to traffic the course is not dog or stroller friendly.
Can I pick up my packet on race day?
NO! Unfortunately due to the nature of this point-to-point event, we are unable to facilitate a race day packet pickup or race day registration. If you are unsure if you can make it to packet pickup you can purchase for $10 the ship my swag option during registration or after you register in the online store on Race Roster. If you have a friend also running you can also have them pick up your race goodies for you.
Full List of Registration Dates & Events
SUPER EARLY REGISTRATION
OCT 14 – DEC 31
FEB 14 – MAY 1
FREE T-SHIRT DEADLINE
SUNDAY, MAY 1 at midnight
JAN 1 – FEB 13
MAY 2 – RACE DAY
PACKET PICK UP
MAY 13, 2022
4-7 PM | YMCA HENDERSONVILLE
* NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP
For runners not able to attend in person, the virtual race is a good option to achieve a goal, and run the miles on your own, wherever and whenever you want. All virtual runners will receive a commemorative race shirt and finisher medal.