Most Scenic Downhill Half
in the Southeast
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Rolling starts 7:30 am until 8:15 am.
Race is capped at 1,000 runners
Course Time limit is NOON
If your running pace throughout the entire half marathon is expected to be a 5, 6 or 7 minute mile throughout, you must start at 7:30 am.
We highly encourage runners/walkers that want to enjoy the scenery and take their time during the race to start at 7:30 to make the time cutoff.
The point-to-point, half marathon begins at Jump off Rock, a national landmark and the Town of Laurel Park’s highest peak, and finishes in the heart of downtown Hendersonville on Main Street. This gently downhill and scenic 13.1 mile course is fast and has breathtaking views, but we are in the mountains of WNC and some hills are to be expected. Half Marathoners will wind their way downhill through the beautiful back-roads of Laurel Park then on historic city streets and around Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake before heading into downtown Hendersonville. The point-to-point race and the scenic course are sure to bring PRs and mountain memories to last a lifetime.
We will have fully stocked water stations with Gatorade, Water, Energy Gels and Clif Bars at miles: 5, 7.5, 9.5, & 11.5.
NEW FOR 2023: Mass start at 9 am.
Race is capped at 500 runners
Course Time limit is NOON
10k runners will start their race at the base of the Town of Laurel Park at the Hendersonville Family YMCA. They will join in on the half marathon route at about the half-way point with half marathoners. The 10k route is moderately flat with a couple gentle rollers. The 10k runners will run on historic city streets, around the Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake and back to downtown Hendersonville.
We will have fully stocked water stations with Gatorade, Water, Energy Gels and Clif Bars at miles: 2 & 4
Both races are now USATF Sanctioned!
What's Included in your Race Entry
- Brooks Dri-Fit Tech shirt (NEW FOR 2023: shirts will be available in men’s and women’s sizes)
- Hunter Subaru Goody Bag, filled with goodies
- A unique, custom-designed, commemorative finisher medal
- A complimentary beer after the race! (21+)
- Complimentary shuttles for all participants
- NEW FOR 2023: A pre-race-day Expo featuring local community partners, vendors, merchandise and more
- A first-class running experience in the late spring in Western North Carolina!
- A well-supported half marathon race with rolling starts to enhance the participant experience from start-to-finish
- NEW FOR 2023: A 10k mass start at 9am
- A scenic, fast, downhill half marathon course and a moderately flat, 10k route in the heart of Hendersonville, NC
- Free parking available for race participants at the Dogwood Parking lot in downtown Hendersonville
- Course fully-marked with route signs and course markings on the road
- Course preview video and course maps to get you prepped for race day
- Chip-timing for accurate, live results
- Spectator-friendly courses
- One-of-a-kind race awards made locally
- Easy access for race participants to attend the Hendersonville Farmers Market happening a few blocks away from the finish line. The Farmers Market offers farm fresh foods, crafts, food trucks, live entertainment, and more!
- Live Music at the post-race party
Including A Brooks Running Shirt, (NEW FOR 2023: available in men’s & women’s sizes,) Custom Finisher Medal for all registrants, A packed Hunter Subaru Goody Bag full of local vendor deals and freebies!!
Free T-shirt deadline is Sunday, March 5th at midnight. After this date, shirts will be available to purchase for $10 during registration
Get your Swag Shipped
Skip the lines and stress of Packet Pick-Up and get your Shirt and Race Bib mailed to you so you are ready to run on race day! Purchase this option by Sunday, April 30 at midnight for $10
The Countdown Begins!
Full List of Registration Dates & Events
SUPER EARLY REGISTRATION
SEPT 8 – DEC 4
FEB 13 – APRIL 30
FREE T-SHIRT DEADLINE
SUNDAY, MARCH 5 at midnight
DEC 5 – FEB 12
MAY 1 – RACE DAY
PACKET PICK UP & RACE EXPO
MAY 12, 2023
11:00am – 3:00pm/LOCATION TBD
NEW FOR 2023: Pre-Race-Day Expo!
There will be a pre-race-day Expo and packet pickup at Continuum (147c 1st Ave E, Hendersonville, NC 28792 – https://www.continuumartnc.com/) on Friday, May 12th from 11am – 3pm. In addition to packet pickup, the Expo will feature local community partners, vendors, merchandise and much more!
All registration will close at the end of the Expo. If you can’t make it to the Expo to pick your packet up the day before the race, you have new options for 2023:
1. Have someone else pick up your packet for you at the Expo.
2. Select the Pre-Event Shipping option to have your packet mailed to you.
Register by Sunday, April 30th at midnight and choose the option to have your packet mailed to you for only $10! Choose this option during registration or add it to your registration through the Race Store. Packets will be shipped out approximately 1 1/2 – 2 weeks prior to the event.
3. Use the LIMITED* bib pickup service on race day.
*There will be LIMITED bib pickup service available on race day for both events, near the start lines. This will be for race bibs ONLY. Shirts and goody bags must be picked up after the race at the Merchandise Tent. We will not have these items available on race morning. For 10k runners the bib pickup will be at the YMCA Hendersonville from 8 – 8:30am. The half marathon bib pickup will be at the start line for the half marathon at the top of Jump Off Rock from 6:45 – 7:15am.
Unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate bib pickup after these hours!
If you would like to have your items before you race and you know you can’t make it to Friday’s packet pickup session, we highly suggest you choose the convenient ship my swag option for $10 to alleviate race day stress.
For runners not able to attend in person, the virtual race is a good option to achieve a goal, and run the miles on your own, wherever and whenever you want. All virtual runners will receive a commemorative race shirt and finisher medal.