Hendersonville has Something For Everyone!
Looking for something to do in Hendersonville? Escape from life’s hectic pace to the beautiful scenery and southern hospitality of Hendersonville, NC with varied Attractions, Events, Outdoor Recreation, Family Activities, a vibrant Art Scene, unique shopping and a wide selection of Dining Options. Sierra Nevada along with Henderson County’s other Wineries, Breweries, and Cideries provide tours and tasting rooms, to sample mountain grown selections. Make memories in this charming mountain town.
NEW RACE WEEKEND EXPERIENCE – EXPLORE WITH JUNIPER
Planning your trip and want to know where to stay, which restaurants to visit, and other activities that might be available in the area? Check out the new Race Weekend Experience by Juniper!
Juniper is a local, woman owned business focused on crafting meaningful, local experiences for travelers, locals and businesses by curating itineraries to help them connect to the very best of Western North Carolina.
Jump Off Rock Half Marathon & 10k Offerings
‘Best of HVL’ Itinerary on Race Legs $125
• Personalized, runner-friendly itinerary with food & beverage recommendations (with links for reservations if necessary), and activity recommendations (hikes, nature walks, live music, shopping, gardens, spa services, etc).
• Mobile-friendly itinerary provided three weeks prior to the race.
Resources for Racers
Packet Pickup & Race Expo
NEW FOR 2023: Pre-Race-Day Expo!
There will be a pre-race-day Expo and packet pickup at Continuum (147c 1st Ave E, Hendersonville, NC 28792 – https://www.continuumartnc.com/) on Friday, May 12th from 11am – 3pm. In addition to packet pickup, the Expo will feature local community partners, vendors, merchandise and much more!
All registration will close at the end of the Expo. If you can’t make it to the Expo to pick your packet up the day before the race, you have new options for 2023:
1. Have someone else pick up your packet for you at the Expo.
2. Select the Pre-Event Shipping option to have your packet mailed to you.
Register by Sunday, April 30th at midnight and choose the option to have your packet mailed to you for only $10! Choose this option during registration or add it to your registration through the Race Store. Packets will be shipped out approximately 1 1/2 – 2 weeks prior to the event.
3. Use the LIMITED* bib pickup service on race day.
*There will be LIMITED bib pickup service available on race day for both events, near the start lines. This will be for race bibs ONLY. Shirts and goody bags must be picked up after the race at the Merchandise Tent. We will not have these items available on race morning. For 10k runners the bib pickup will be at the YMCA Hendersonville from 8 – 8:30am. The half marathon bib pickup will be at the start line for the half marathon at the top of Jump Off Rock from 6:45 – 7:15am.
Unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate bib pickup after these hours!
If you would like to have your items before you race and you know you can’t make it to Friday’s packet pickup session, we highly suggest you choose the convenient ship my swag option for $10 to alleviate race day stress.
This half marathon and 10k has been designed with your family and friends in mind! We have several spots along the course that we have designated cheer stations. Costumes, fun signs and lots of great energy and encouragement is a must! Limited parking is available at these spots. Check course map for exact locations.
Transportation, Parking & Directions
KEY POINTS TO KNOW:
- The Half Marathon Starts at the top of Jump Off Rock (NO parking available)
- The 10k starts at the Hendersonville Family YMCA (parking available)
- BOTH races finish near Mast General Store on Main Street, between 5th and 6th Avenue
- All participants can ride the shuttles FOR FREE before and after the event
- All runners can be dropped off by car at their respective start lines if they don’t want to ride the shuttles
- If you are being dropped off at the Half Marathon start, please follow Laurel Park Scenic Highway to the top, or you will be interfering with the race.
Half Marathon Runners:
- To get to the start line, you can either…
- Park downtown and take the shuttle to the top of Jump Off Rock
- Or, have a friend or family member drop you off at the top of Jump Off Rock (Spectators are NOT allowed to linger at the start line or get out of their cars for any reason).
- After the race…
- If you parked downtown before the race to catch the shuttle, the finish line will lead you right back to your car.
- To get to the start line, you can either…
- Park at one of the designated parking lots near the start line (Hendersonville Family YMCA) and walk to the start,
- Park downtown near Main Street (the finish line) and ride a shuttle to the start line,
- Park downtown near Main Street (the finish line) and walk to the start line,
- Or, have a friend or family member drop you off at the start line.
- If you parked near the YMCA (start line), you can take the shuttles back to your car after the race.
- If you parked near the YMCA (start line), you can walk from the finish line back to your car
- If you parked downtown to take the shuttle before the race, the finish line will lead you right back to your car.
POST RACE CELEBRATIONS
The Jump off Rock Half Marathon & 10k is proud to be part of the ‘Love Hendo’ downtown kick-off for the summer. Love Hendo offers various amenities that will be available in downtown Hendersonville on race day for our runners and friends and family. Love Hendo offers closed downtown streets on the Historic Main Street, which allows convenient access to fantastic food, drinks and local merchandise in downtown. We will have the Dryman Mountain Boys Band and Bryan Byrd as the Emcee at the finish line.
Our participants will have full access to attend the world-class, Hendersonville Farmers Market happening a few blocks away from the finish line. The Farmers Market offers farm fresh foods, crafts, food trucks, live entertainment and more!